Our mission is to offer authentic food experiences for travelers at the homes of local people in South-East-Asia. Travelers can also learn about the host’s skills, culture, and language. In addition, we would like to give local people, particularly women, an opportunity to get additional income, but also to get connected to travelers from all over the world.
You can find us in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Banteay Meanchey, and Battambang and soon in Ho Chi Minh City. Yet we are looking for more potential hosts in the region to participate in our service.
The benefit of becoming a host
– Make money with each booking up to 60 % of the sales price
– Build up worldwide networking with people around the world
– Free informal hospitality training and support from the Dine with the Locals team
How to become the host?
To become our host, you should provide us your following information:
- Your family profile (# of people in your family, jobs, experience and something about you/family)
- What can guests else do (visit farm, make a bracelet etc.)
- Contact information (Phone number, Facebook and email if possible)
- Your house detail location and GPS coordinates
- You will later have to take photos of your house, and 3 menus with dessert (Landscape orientation/ថតផ្តេក)
Duties and responsibilities
- Cook 3 menus and fruits per order
- Keep the house and kitchen clean and follow hygiene procedure in preparing the food
- Join the guests for the meal and eat together with then
- provide drinking water or tea
- Share food ingredients information and your experience to the guests
- allow guests to help cooking if they want
- Take photos of guests during meal preparation and mealtime if they allow
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our team at +85515879410 (ENG) or (070 238 020 ENG/KH).
Dine with the Locals Team